I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and study abroad in London, England for the spring semester of my junior year. I attended Richmond, the American International University through the American Institute for Foreign Studies (AIFS) program. And it was the best decision of my collegiate career because I had the opportunity to expand my global awareness, travel to six different countries and unlock a side of myself that I never knew existed.
I kept up with my experience through my blog Trails of London where I wrote detailed posts about my adventures overseas. After studying abroad, I have been bit by the travel bug and I aspire to continue traveling — domestically and internationally– in hopes of accomplishing my goal of going to every continent before I retire.
Study Abroad Highlights
- Visiting the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam
- Riding a camel in Morocco in North Africa
- Visiting Beethoven’s grave in Vienna, Austria
- Eating crepes while watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night
- Snowball fight in Hyde Park in London
- Punting in Cambridge, England
- Climbing Park Güell to see an incredible view of Barcelona